Tracing transportation history by shipment lifecycles
Shipment lifecycles is a dashboard that summarizes data for all your active and archived shipments and breaks them down depending on a current stage of a transportation lifecycle. This helps you monitor shipments, evaluate transportation methods, and consequently optimize future deliveries and quickly react to possible urgent situation.
To access shipment lifecycles dashboard, in the top bar, click Stages. By default, a table for your active shipments opens. Each device in a shipment can be at one of the following states:
- New—a new shipment is created and a device is assigned to it.
- Active—a newly created shipment sent the first transaction to the platform.
- On the way—a shipment with this device is in transit.
- Delivered—a shipment with this device has arrived at a set destination.
- Canceled—a device from a current shipment is reused for a new shipment.
- Archived—a device that hasn’t changed its state for more than 60 days in a row.
Each state has two main parameters: time spent at the current state and time of the first data transaction received at the current state. To identify devices that hasn’t been sending any data for a long period of time, check the Time spent parameter.
If some of your devices are stuck at one state and don’t send any data for some time, you can reach out to your transportation operator or check your devices for possible misfunctioning.