For many goods, ambient conditions during transportation are crucial, and shipments tracking is of a great help. Shipment is the main entity of the Moeco platform. It is any unit of transportation that should be tracked. However, before tracking a shipment, you need to link the Moeco sensor to it. There are two ways to do that:
Using the Moeco app
The Moeco app is the most convenient way to link sensors to shipments because you use your Android device and spend just a couple of minutes on each unit. To add a shipment for tracking, do the following:
- Attach a Moeco sensor to the shipment.
- Open the Moeco app. If you’re using the Moeco app for the first time, see how to set it up.
- Tap Add sensor. If you’re using the app for the first time, grant the Moeco app access to your device camera.
- Scan the sensor QR code. The shipment details screen opens.
- Tap Destination and enter it.
- Tap Shipment ID and enter it.
- Tap Pallet ID and enter it.
- Tap Start tracking.
The sensor gets activated and the shipment tracking starts. After that, do the following:
- If you have no more shipments to add, leave the app.
- If you have other shipments to add, tap Add sensor and repeat the steps described above for each new sensor.
Using the logistics dashboard
Even if you’re outside a facility, you can still add shipments for tracking by using the logistics dashboard. To do that:
- Go to the logistics dashboard.
- Above the table, click Add.
- Enter the sensor number. It is located on the sensors sticker.
- Enter the final destination of your shipment. To do it the quick way, use the suggestions drop-down. When a shipment arrives at the destination, you’ll be notified via email.
- Enter the ID of your shipment pallet.
- Enter the shipment ID.
- Click Add and Activate.
After activation, the sensor appears in the logistics dashboard. Initial data are available in the dashboard within approximately 6 minutes after sensor activation. This is the first transaction that shows shipment state right after sensor start. To learn how to track your added shipments, see Checking shipment state and location.